Monday 6 July 2009

Worn down

We have been experiencing a bit of a heatwave in the last few days. Predictably, this has had a bad effect on my health - the humidity makes my breathing worse, and poor sleep affects everything else. Thankfully, today we have had rain, and the temperatures are lower, so I hope to improve again.

It prompted a poem - not a happy or easy one, but a truthful one:

M.E.

bone-weary
jelly-jointed
fists of fire around my spine

my breath rasps

fear of falling
as my stick slips

the bed a cliff I cannot climb

one hour since I got up

3 comments:

Jan Lyn said...

Hoping you improve as well!
Jan Lyn oxo

RichardM said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Be easy with yourself and recognize that your weakness isn't your fault, it's something that happened to you and that you have to cope with. There is an ebb and flow in our physical and spiritual lives that we must learn to accept. There are times when faith enables us to run without being weary and times when faith enables us to walk without fainting. Sounds like right now you are feeling the latter.

We are off to Yearly Meeting which is always a rejuvenating time for me. Congratulations on your blogging award.

Dave said...

Thanks for making me aware of One and Other. I meant to look when Rosemary was on the plinth, but I was too busy at work. :( I have enjoyed checking the site a couple of times a day to see what is going on. Hope your feeling better. Blessings.
Dave